Which of the University’s 10 Schools produces the most analytical, brave, persuasive, intelligent Warriors???
To discover the answer to this question, I am delighted to release the WoW positions – for all students across the university – for THURSDAY 6th OCTOBER, to be held in N001 (opposite the entrance to the Weston Auditorium on DeHavilland campus) at 6pm.
If you would like to defend any of these positions, please simply state ‘I volunteer’ – providing your full name, and name of your School – using the comments box below, and I will pick five names randomly and assign them a position:
1. That paedophilia is a mental disorder and not a crime, and should be treated as such
2. That students should dress according to their chosen future profession while at university
3. That maternity leave should be, without exception, 3 years at full pay
4. That there is no such thing as new music
5. That North Korea should be invaded by NATO forces and colonised
You will need to consider the position, research it carefully and then defend it for one minute – then be subjected to questions from the audience.
You will be marked on three criteria: (i) content – what you say initially, and in response to questions; (b) presentation – how you say it, and how well you controlled the crowd; and (c) popularity – the public vote. The judge’s decision is final – and I will be your judge! N.B. If you volunteer, then you MUST attend and participate – no ‘cold feet’.
See you on the 6th!