THE VICE-CHANCELLOR WILL BE ARGUING A WoW POSITION THIS WEEK!!!
Which of the University’s 10 Schools produces the most analytical, brave, persuasive, intelligent Warriors???
To discover the answer to this question, I am delighted to release the Special Vice-Chancellor’s WoW positions – for all students across the university – for THURSDAY 17th NOVEMBER, to be held in the Weston Auditorium on DeHavilland campus at 6pm.
If you would like to defend any of these positions, please simply state ‘I volunteer’ – providing your full name, and name of your School – using the comments box below, and I will pick five names randomly and assign them a position:
1. That some religious food laws are barbaric and should be banned
2. That the USA is in better shape than ever before
3. That student attendance of classes on UH undergraduate degree programmes should be mandatory
4. That society’s views on beauty are flawed and dangerous
5. That families should be restricted to two children
You will need to consider the position, research it carefully and then defend it for one minute – then be subjected to questions from the audience.
You will be marked on three criteria: (i) content – what you say initially, and in response to questions; (b) presentation – how you say it, and how well you controlled the crowd; and (c) popularity – the public vote. The judge’s decision is final – and I will be your judge! N.B. If you volunteer, then you MUST attend and participate – no ‘cold feet’.
See you on the 17th!