Which of the university’s 10 schools produces the most analytical, brave, persuasive, intelligent Warriors???
To discover the answer to this question, I am delighted to release the Weekly WoW positions – for all students across the university – for THURSDAY 5th NOVEMBER, to be held in N001 (the lecture theatre OPPOSITE the Weston Auditorium) at 6pm.
If you would like to defend any of these positions, please volunteer, using the ‘comments’ box below, and I will assign you a position at random (subject to availability):
1. That social media has made the world a lonelier place
2. That arranged marriages are better than other types of marriage
3. That alcohol was never meant to be consumed and should be banned
4. That violent video games and movies do more harm than good
5. That the UK should allow assisted suicide
6. That we should be allowed to genetically engineer ‘perfect’ human beings
You will need to consider the position, research it carefully and then defend it for one minute – then be subjected to questions from the audience. You will be marked on three criteria; (i) content – what you say initially and in response to questions; (b) presentation – how you say it, and how well you controlled the crowd; and (c) popularity – the public vote. The judge’s decision is final – and I will be your judge! N.B. If you volunteer, then you MUST attend and participate – no ‘cold feet’.
As usual, the weekly social in Club DeHavilland will take place straight afterwards from 7.30pm onwards.
See you on the 5th!