Which of the University’s 10 Schools produces the most analytical, brave, persuasive, intelligent Warriors???
To discover the answer to this question, I am delighted to release the Special ‘Student Matters’ WoW positions – for all students across the university – for THURSDAY 4th FEBRUARY, to be held in N002 (near to the Weston Auditorium entrance) at 6pm.
If you would like to defend any of these positions, please simply state ‘I volunteer’ – providing your full name, and name of your School – using the comments box below, and I will assign you a position at random (subject to availability):
1. That the Herts Students’ Union does more harm than good
2. That under 12s should not be allowed access to the internet
3. That there is no such thing as a completely unprejudiced person
4. That owning a pet is a bit sad and pathetic
5. That children should be allowed to take legal highs
6. That the UK should scrap its nuclear deterrent
You will need to consider the position, research it carefully and then defend it for one minute – then be subjected to questions from the audience.
You will be marked on three criteria: (i) content – what you say initially, and in response to questions; (b) presentation – how you say it, and how well you controlled the crowd; and (c) popularity – the public vote. The judge’s decision is final – and I will be your judge! N.B. If you volunteer, then you MUST attend and participate – no ‘cold feet’.
See you on the 4th!