You are invited to come, watch and question the five candidates of the week who have been selected, at random, to attempt to defend the following positions on Thursday 10th November at 6pm in the Weston Auditorium on DeHavilland campus:
1. That no-one should be charged with any criminal offence alleged to have been committed more than ten years ago – James Cantwell
2. That hosting the Olympic Games is a waste of resources – Nehal Mangrio
3. That human-made climate change is unprovable – Asher Kodjo-Soroh
4. That the High Court ruling in Miller v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union , concerning Art 50 and ‘Brexit’, is a good day for democracy – Otu Ibe-Enwo
5. That Saddam Hussein should never have been deposed from his Iraqi presidency, let alone executed – Mariam Bafo
N.B. Candidates are picked entirely at random: (i) Candidates are assigned positions completely randomly – not on a first-come-first-served basis; (ii) If you have requested to participate and were not picked, please apply for the next WoW taking place on Thursday 17th November – positions will be advertised a few days prior, as usual.
See you Thursday!