You are invited to come, watch and question the five candidates who have been selected, at random, to attempt to defend the following positions on Monday 11th April at 5pm in the Courtroom in the Law Building on DeHavilland campus:
1. That government surveillance reduces terrorism – STILL AVAILABLE – PLEASE VOLUNTEER
2. That individuals do not ‘own’ their internet identity – Martina Gillen
3. That online piracy is killing the music industry – Mark Leiser
4. That there is no such thing as ‘teaching excellence’ – Paul Bernal
5. That China is correct in banning Western social media platforms – Edina Harbinja
N.B. Candidates are picked entirely at random: Candidates are assigned positions completely randomly – not on a first-come-first-served basis.
See you Monday!