Which of the University’s 10 Schools produces the most analytical, brave, persuasive, intelligent Warriors???
To discover the answer to this question, I am delighted to release the WoW positions – for all students across the university – for THURSDAY 25th FEBRUARY, to be held in N002 (near the entrance to the Weston Auditorium) at 6pm.
If you would like to defend any of these positions, please simply state ‘I volunteer’ – providing your full name, and name of your School – using the comments box below, and I will assign you a position at random (subject to availability):
1. That, contrary to a recent UK ruling, prisoners should not be allowed hardcore porn in their cells
2. That you cannot teach leadership skills
3. That ‘feminism studies’ should be on the school curriculum
4. That ‘fat shaming’ or ‘thin shaming’ should be encouraged
5. That the Oscars are racist and should be boycotted
6. That diagnosing children with ADHD actually harms them
You will need to consider the position, research it carefully and then defend it for one minute – then be subjected to questions from the audience.
You will be marked on three criteria: (i) content – what you say initially, and in response to questions; (b) presentation – how you say it, and how well you controlled the crowd; and (c) popularity – the public vote. The judge’s decision is final – and I will be your judge! N.B. If you volunteer, then you MUST attend and participate – no ‘cold feet’.
See you on the 25th!