You are invited to come, watch and question the six candidates of the week who have been selected, at random, to attempt to defend the following positions on Thursday 3rd December at 6pm in N001 (the lecture theatre OPPOSITE the Weston Auditorium):
1. That Wikipedia is making us all less intelligent – Anisha Kiri
2. That abortion, for any other reason than ill health or if the foetus was a product of rape, is murder – Jean Obeto
3. That housewives/husbands should receive at least minimum wage – Shugri Omar
4. That UK prisons are too soft – Daniel Matticoli
5. That there should be an absolute right to free speech – Alina Statie
6. That gay actors/actresses must ‘out’ themselves – Greta Grochal
NB. Candidates are picked entirely at random: (i) Candidates are assigned positions completely randomly – not on a first-come-first-served basis; (ii) If you have requested to participate and were not picked, please apply for the last WoW of Semester A, taking place on Thursday 10th December – positions will be advertised a few days prior, as usual.
Don’t forget that there will be the weekly social at Club DeHavilland straight afterwards at 7.30pm.
See you Thursday!