Which of the university’s 10 schools produces the most analytical, brave, persuasive, intelligent Warriors???
To discover the answer to this question, I am delighted to release the Weekly WoW positions – for all students across the university – for THURSDAY 3rd DECEMBER, to be held in N001 (the lecture theatre OPPOSITE the Weston Auditorium) at 6pm.
If you would like to defend any of these positions, please volunteer, using the ‘comments’ box below, and I will assign you a position at random (subject to availability):
1. That Wikipedia is making us all less intelligent
2. That abortion, for any other reason than ill health or if the foetus was a product of rape, is murder
3. That housewives/husbands should receive at least minimum wage
4. That UK prisons are too soft
5. That there should be an absolute right to free speech
6. That gay actors/actresses must ‘out’ themselves
You will need to consider the position, research it carefully and then defend it for one minute – then be subjected to questions from the audience. You will be marked on three criteria; (i) content – what you say initially and in response to questions; (b) presentation – how you say it, and how well you controlled the crowd; and (c) popularity – the public vote. The judge’s decision is final – and NATHAN GHANN AND I (!!!) will be your judges! N.B. If you volunteer, then you MUST attend and participate – no ‘cold feet’.
As usual, the weekly social in Club DeHavilland will take place straight afterwards from 7.30pm onwards.
See you on the 3rd!