You are invited to come, watch and question the six candidates of the week who have been selected, at random, to attempt to defend the following positions on Thursday 12th February at 6pm in the Courtroom:
1. That the UK should abolish its monarchy – Amelia Jong
2. That an international ceasefire, and no military activity for a year, will improve the world – Favour
3. That we should start thinking about genetically modifying the human race – Travis
4. That deep down, we are all racist – Mervin Ojukwu
5. That politicians should seek to serve and not lead – Grainne
6. That, in light of the housing crisis, foreign investors should not be allowed to buy UK homes – Umi Ali
NB. Candidates are picked at random: (i) If a candidate has requested a position that is not available, he/she has been assigned a different position; (ii) If you have requested to participate and were not picked, please apply for the next WoW taking place on Thursday 19th February – positions will be advertised a few days prior, as usual.
Don’t forget that there will be the weekly law social at Club DeHavilland straight afterwards at 7pm.
See you Thursday!